Panaji: External Affairs Minister Manohar Parrikar has made a big statement on the surgical strike in the PoK in September last year by Indian Army. Parrikar said that the scheme of Surgical Strike was made in June 2015 after an attack by the insurgent organization NSCN in an army convoy in Manipur. At present, Manohar Parrikar, the Chief Minister of Goa and the then Defense Minister of the country, Manohar Parrikar, told in a program of industrialists about the events related to surgical strikes that when they came to know about the incident of June 4, 2015, they felt humiliated. In this incident, 18 soldiers were martyred.
The former defence minister said preparations for the surgical strike on 29 September (2016) on the western front were started on June 9, 2015. We had planned it 15 months ago. The former Defense Minister said that additional soldiers were trained for this. Equipment bought based on priority. He said that the first time in September 2016 that the Swathi Vapor Locating Radar developed by DRDO was used in the detection of firing units of Pakistan Army. Although it was officially included in the army nearly three months later. He said 40 firing units of Pakistani Army were destroyed with the help of Swathi Radar.
Parrikar disclosed that after the deaths in Manipur, I felt humiliated. The killing of 18 Dogra soldiers by a small militant organization of 200 people was an insult to the Indian Army. We worked on the first surgical strike, sitting in the afternoon and evening, which was completed on the morning of June 8. In this (at the Indo-Myanmar border) about 70-80 militants were killed. They said this was a very successful attack. He said that unlike some reports, no helicopter was used in this. He said I had kept the helicopters (standby) only to get out (in the emergency) in the emergency.