New Delhi: Amarnath pilgrims have been attacked in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir. The militants targeted a bus. Seven pilgrims were killed in the attack while 25 others were injured. The number of dead is expected to increase. The terrorists also targeted the police party. Two battalions of CRPF have been sent on the spot. According to the information, the pilgrims of Gujarat were riding on the bus. 10 special facts related to the attack:
1. It was attacked at 8:20 pm on the bus returning from Baltal. The terrorists escaped after the attack and the security forces have started a drive to search for them.
2. Some security personnel of the CRPF rushed to the spot to save the passengers when the terrorists fired on them.
3. According to the CRPF information, the pilgrims carrying the pilgrims were not just part of the group of pilgrims.
4. The terrorists fired on the bus at 8:20 pm. He also targeted the police party.
5. Farooq Abdullah of National Conference told NDTV, “This is a horrific attack. Everyone has the right to fulfill their religious beliefs, terrorists should not be forgiven for their acts.
6. Former state chief Omar Abdullah said, “Such an attack can not be justified in any way.”
7. Amarnath Yatra was started between Pahalgam and Baltal from June 29 between heavy security. About 1.3 lakh pilgrims have registered.
8. According to sources, Home Minister Rajnath Singh called Jammu Kashmir Governor NN Vohra and chief minister Mehbooba Mufti about the terror attack on Amarnath pilgrims.
9. Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that there is no word for grieving on the cowardly attack on peaceful Amarnath pilgrims in Jammu and Kashmir. The Prime Minister said that India has never bowed in front of such kind of brutal attacks and nefarious motives of hatred.
10. Defense Minister Arun Jaitley reacting to the terror attack said that the terrorist attack on Amarnath yatra is the worst scandal. This incident will further strengthen our resolve to end terrorism.