The Central Government has disabled 11.44 lakh PAN cards on 27th July and several thousand fake PAN cards have also been identified. Minister of State for Finance Santosh Kumar Gangwar informed the Parliament that more than 11.44 lakh PAN cards have either been closed or have been disabled. This has been done in cases where more than one pan card was allocated to a person.
Gangwar told that 1,566 fake pans were identified by July 27. If you have more than one PAN card, you can check online to see which card is valid for you. For this, you have to implement the procedure given below.
How to Check Pan Card
To know the validity of PAN card, visit the Income Tax e-filing website
1) Click on the know Your Pan button which appears on the left side of the screen here.
Other important information like names, status, and mobile number will be asked on the next page. You give details of them. The mobile number should be the one that you provided in the PAN card form. Because OTP will be sent to the same number for user verification.
2) On the next page. You give details of them. The mobile number should be the one that you provided in the PAN card form. Because OTP will be sent to the same number for user verification.
3) After giving all the details you can click on the subset button. After this, enter the OTP number on the next page which came on your registered phone number.
4) If there are many pan cards in your name, then you will be asked a few more questions, such as father’s name.
5) After giving the information sought, you will be able to check your PAN card’s validity status. Apart from this, there will also be the address of the PAN card.
Make sure the information given by you to check the PAN card’s validity status should be correct. This information should match the information given by you in the PAN card application.